Well, in spirit, at least!
Morning, lovely people. I hope you’re having a good week so far? At the moment I’m still finding my feet in my new role at work and, as a result, I’m working some pretty long hours once you’ve factored in travel and entertaining. Compared to the hours I used to work (the bulk of which from home – barely any travel, wooooo!) this feels like a huge step up and it’s taking me a while to adjust.
When I do get home I’m shattered and the last thing on my mind is cooking something that takes up any more time in my evening. Thankfully my husband (who gets home earlier than me – now that *is* weird, definitely not used to it!) has taken on the bulk of the cooking during the week. I’m usually the one who pours over recipes but he’s taken to being more creative than usual in a bid to expand his repertoire to include quick, tasty and healthy meals.
He made the following dish for me last week and it was delicious. He mentioned, in passing, that it had been quick and easy to make but it was only yesterday, when I saw the recipe, I realised how much of an understatement that was!
Ladies and gents, I give you ‘Mr Stork’s Incredibly Easy Vegetable Laksa’!
Serves 4, 398 cals a portion.
- 1 onion, sliced.
- 4 tbsp madras curry paste
- 1 litre milk
- 750g mixed frozen veg (yes, really!)
- 175g quinoa, rinsed.
- In a large saucepan, simmer the onion and curry paste with a splash of water for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Heat the milk in a jug in the microwave.
- Add the vegetables and quinoa, then stir in the milk.
- Bring to the boil, simmer gently for 10 minutes (or until the quinoa is cooked), Season to taste.
- Serve with a generous handful of baby spinach leaves.
See?! Just how easy is that! It’s perfect for a mid week dinner as it’s so quick but really tasty. Not only is it cheap but it gives you 3 or your 5 a day. Bonus!
What have you been eating this week? I’ve eaten far too much cake at work, ooops.